What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a way to fill gaps if you have any missing or damaged teeth. Crowns can help you chew better which can impact your digestive system. It helps restore the tooth to its normal shape, size, and function.
Reasons you would need a dental crown :
- If you have a cavity that is too large for a fillings
- If you need to cover dental implants
- If you have a missing tooth
- If you have a toot that is cracked or weak
- If you have had root canal treatment
- If you want to cover a discolored tooth
What are dental crowns made of?
Crowns are made from a combination of metal alloys, ceramics, porcelain, and composite resin. It is colored to blend in with your natural teeth. At Aava dental we make sure the crowns look natural and feel comfortable.
How is a crown placed?
During crown placement two dental visits are usually needed.
- 1. The dentist removed the outer portion and decay so the crown will fit
- 2. An impression of the tooth is made to provide an exact model for the crown
- 3. You will have a temporary crown while you wait for the permanent crown to be made
- 4. When the customized crown is made, the dentist cements the crown in place.
How to prevent damage to Dental Crowns?
To prevent damage to a dental crown, brush at least twice a day and floss once a day. Avoid chewing hard foods, such as ice. Be sure for visit Aava Dental for regular exam check ups ad teeth cleanings.
Exam, x-ray and intraoral pictures for only $19!