Toothbrush tips to keep your teeth in shape
Posted on: June 17, 2017
While you might have all heard that brushing your teeth is very important if you want to keep your teeth and gums healthy. I bet you would’ve hardly heard someone telling you to choose the right toothbrush for your teeth and even if they did you probably did not understand. Choosing the right brush and accompanying it with proper brushing techniques is essential. If done correctly twice a day for three minutes it can help ensure long term dental health.
These days toothbrushes come in a variety of manual and electric ones with varying bristle sizes so the first step is choosing a brush which is perfect for you. Find one which fits your hand and mouth comfortably so that you use it more often and even effectively. Some other tips when choosing a tooth brush include:
- Choose the one which has softer bristles rather than the hard ones because those become difficult to see and might hurt your gums as well
- It should fit your mouth. If you have a smaller mouth you should go for a smaller brush and vice versa. There are a number of sizes available so it won’t be difficult to find one which suits you
- Should be easy to use. Whether it is a manual or electric one it shouldn’t be difficult to use so that you brush more often
Once you have found the perfect brush you need to follow some tips to ensure you are brushing your teeth properly. The following tips can help you to get the most out of your daily brushing routine.
- Brush your teeth twice a day at least. Some recommend brushing your teeth after every meal if it is possible
- Take at least three minutes to brush your teeth or floss them
- When brushing your teeth angle towards the gums.
- Don’t brush to roughly otherwise it could damage your gums
- Fluoride toothpastes are recommended so it can help fight of decay
- Make sure you clean the surface of your teeth with a brush
- Brush your tongue as well so that the bacteria that cause bad breath can be removed
- Make sure your toothbrush is clean before you start using it and clean it thoroughly after every wash
- Make sure you replace your toothbrush every three to four months.