What is a root canal?
A root canal is a treatment to help save the tooth from tooth extraction. A root canal is an endodontic treatment, which are injuries related to the dental pulp. An endodontist is a dentist who specializes in root canals
What happens if the dental pulp is injured?
The pulp contains nerves and blood vessels. When the pulp becomes inflamed or infected treatment is needed. Common causes of pulp are cavities or fillings, cracked or chipped teeth. The pulp should be removed, so the tissues around the root of the teeth do not become infected. Bacteria can also damage the bone that holds the tooth in the jaw; treatment will be needed to save the tooth
Removing a tooth can create problems
When a tooth is removed the teeth around it may move, which can make chewing and cleaning more difficult. Root canal treatments can save your tooth and prevent these issues
Please Call Us At 855-228-2336
What does root canal treatment involve?
- A thin sheet of latex rubber is placed over your tooth, this helps keep it dry. Once it is dry an opening is made through the crown of the tooth
- The tooth’s pulp is removed from the pulp chamber. The root canal is cleaned and shaped so it can be filled.
- The dentist may put medicine in the pulp chamber to get rid of bacteria
- Root canals are usually filled with rubber like material to seal them
- The dentist removed temporary filling and restores the tooth with a crown or filling during the next stage of treatment
How long will the root canal tooth last?
A root canal filling can last for many years with good oral hygiene. Daily cleanings and regular dental exams will help keep your mouth healthy and prevent it form becoming decayed, fractured, or gum disease
List of Accepted Insurance
No Insurance? No Problem!
- Assurant (DHA)
- Connection (GEHA)
- Delta Benefit Providers (UHC)
- First Dental (FDH)
- Premier Access
- United Concordia (UCCI)
HOW MUCH YOU CAN SAVE
You’re also likely to pay more if you see a specialist as opposed to a general practitioner.
thanks for your visit
Enjoy & remember your time with us
Here at Aavadental Irvine CA, we set our main goals to be high quality service at affordable fees to reach as many patients as possible in need for dental heath.